For the car lovers

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Newcastle George

For the car lovers

Post by Newcastle George »

Spotted in Abu Dhabi today.

click to enlarge
101_7371.JPG
101_7373.JPG
101_7375.JPG
George
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Greynomad

Re: For the car lovers

Post by Greynomad »

Beautiful, George, but I think it’s a custom build.
Mercedes never built anything like that.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

There must be a lot of heat to get out of the engine bay, the bonnet is double louvred and 3 vents up each side of the engine cowl. Nice looking machine, I wonder what the blue thing is under the drivers side front and the door emblems are .... Not a pure custom house build, the exhaust being visible but not polished is a give away, but still a nice machine all the same

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:30 am There must be a lot of heat to get out of the engine bay, the bonnet is double louvred and 3 vents up each side of the engine cowl. Nice looking machine, I wonder what the blue thing is under the drivers side front and the door emblems are .... Not a pure custom house build, the exhaust being visible but not polished is a give away, but still a nice machine all the same

T1 Terry
Looks more like a straight eight to me ... :shock: not a Vee like the front tingo says...!!!

And the door emblems are prolly a Seagull ,cos this thing would shit over everything ... ;)

vik... :ugeek:
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

My immediate reaction was a stretched Morgan Plus-8 with a Merc transplant.
However that boot behind the rear wheels is very un-Morgan!
It also has what appears to be a ‘proper’ rear seat… also very un-Morgan. 😜 The Morgans I have seen close-up have what can only be described as an upholstered suitcase shelf. Leg-room: zero.
Note: no ‘tombstone’ seats & the VW parking lights on the front guards… going 100% for the Pommy Sports Car look.
So I reckon it’s a Morgan-inspired custom body… and given the $$$ those Arab bigwigs have to spend somehow, probably a custom chassis as well.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields