Shonky's Lamington Thread

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: solar panels

Post by BruceS »

Very good!
No Chuck beat me by a minute or 2!
I like a man who has a plan!!
((((( ....go north. Or South.... ))))))

Chocolate Mudcake for you when our paths cross Shonky!
Plenty of free parking here we need firewood cut!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

shonky wrote:The next big trip is to Brisbane to see my doctor then we will probably go north. Or south..
North or South are good. Don't go west, way to wet and hot out there, and don't go east, way way to wet out that way :)
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

shonky wrote:Hi, all.

Adminperson - you didn't see Chuck's post?? The question now is how much pavlova he can eat before an adverse reaction takes place.

FYI we're in Currimundi, just north of Caloundra, resting up for a couple of weeks after Maroochydore. The Talvor, now easily recogniseable when stationary,has now done 640km since we hit the road, about 12.5km daily. The next big trip is to Brisbane to see my doctor then we will probably go north. Or south.

See you on the back roads,
shonky, driving Snowflake and towing the BT, et al.
Adverse reaction??

Ha... bring it on!!

Navigator makes a mean Pav - but not often now - although it's not the run-of-the-mill commercial kinda tall & full of beaten egg whites & softish inner thingy variety :o :D . Hers is more like a bloody big macaroon, bit crunchy on the outside & a little bit chewy in the middle... has a big well in the centre to fill with fresh whipped cream & fruit & then topped with the usual strawberries, Kiwi fruit, blueberries etc &, of course, the obligatory passion fruit !

Chocolate mud cake... nice.

Caramel mud cake... betterer!! :lol:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
shonky

Post by shonky »

Hi, all.

Chuck - has your much better half some Kiwi DNA?
Have you much room in your driveway?
How long to get there at 12.5km daily?

shonky et al.
shonky et al.
Dot

Re: Shonky's Lamington Thread

Post by Dot »

Lamington thread?? so where is the recipe pray tell?? more like a lemon thread :lol: :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

shonky wrote:Hi, all.

Chuck - has your much better half some Kiwi DNA? No.
Have you much room in your driveway? Also no... but we share Dot's driveway!
How long to get there at 12.5km daily? As long as it takes... but we won't be here... we'll be out there!

shonky et al.
Cya out there also...
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote:Lamington thread?? so where is the recipe pray tell?? more like a lemon thread :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well there ya go, a kiwi that doesn't know the recipe for lamingtons, just shows that it really is an aussie thing after all. Every Aussie who's mum cooked their cakes rather than buying them would have made lamingtons, and lamington rolls and the bigger single lamington roll. Shops just don't make them right, I guess leaving the sponge to sit somewhere for a day or two would create a problem.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
RussellB[SA]

Post by RussellB[SA] »

T1 Terry wrote:
Dot wrote:. Shops just don't make them right, I guess leaving the sponge to sit somewhere for a day or two would create a problem.
"Shops wouldn't like to leave a sponge around for a day or two", ya gotta be joking, lamingtons were alway made with stale sponge in our house.

I reckon I could sell you the Harbor Bridge if you believed in that, they did cut of the green bits I bet. :lol:
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.