"tanks" IVECO TANK

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Tanks Iveco Fitout

Post by T1 Terry »

Moved from here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Keith Morris

Re: "tanks" Mercedes Sprinter - 312 D Turbo pic

Post by Keith Morris »

Sprinter Rear.JPG
"tanks" here ---
Another go at getting a pic on the Forum
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Re: "tanks" MERCEDES SPRINTER 312-D TURBO pic

Post by Keith Morris »

Another go at it -- Please note that this is my Sprinter and not the IVECO.
I have to learn how to get the pics from the camera onto/into the Windows 7 system before I can copy the pics over from the camera card when the Grandkids are around.

Sprinter front.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Re: "tanks" Saracen & Russell -ON GUARD

Post by Keith Morris »

Saracen - Russell & RR Spur.JPG
WOW !!
I think that I have mastered the add a pic bit to my posting.
Now I'm like a kid with a new toy. This is (or might be) a pic of the "Boys" before Saracen had the Green Dream.
I will get the Iveco conversion pics on when I learn how to transfer them from the camera card to the computer/laptop thingo.
Keith

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: "tanks" IVECO TANK

Post by T1 Terry »

The 2 boys and fine looking motor vehicle, very nice indeed. The Sprinter looks a fine bit of gear as well, why have you decided to build another one?

The way I found it easiest to copy from the camera card to the computer was to buy a card reader, take the card out of the camera and plug it into the card reader, go into my computer, and it will appears another drive, click on it to open it and all your photos on the card will be there. Highlight the ones you want, right click copy, then right click paste them into where you want then in your computer.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Bugger your gardener has a car like my gardener!!!
I hope you aren't going to 'toad' that behind the baby merc???
I think we got 2 identical photos there somehow....... I'll put one in the boot of the Rolls! (Or is a Bentley?)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

wanderer

Post by wanderer »

Definitely a Roller. :D :D
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

T1 Terry wrote:The 2 boys and fine looking motor vehicle, very nice indeed. The Sprinter looks a fine bit of gear as well, why have you decided to build another one?

The way I found it easiest to copy from the camera card to the computer was to buy a card reader, take the card out of the camera and plug it into the card reader, go into my computer, and it will appears another drive, click on it to open it and all your photos on the card will be there. Highlight the ones you want, right click copy, then right click paste them into where you want then in your computer.

T1 Terry
Thanks for that info and your continued interest in my postings.

The PICTURES SO FAR:- (somehow the system has put one of the pics in twice, but that maybe something I did.
I do have a card reader that I plug into the laptop and insert the card from the camera (Olympus) into the reader.
I used to be able to transfer the pictures from the camera to the computer with the other/older Windows but now that I have Windows 7 it's all changed, and I'm not game to play 'till somebody who knows about these things is with me. The system comes up with Drive G, whereas it used to come up with Drive E in the older Windows programme.

I would prefer to drive the IVECO, which has cruise control, power windows, less gear changing, feels like it has more power/torque than the Mercedes.
PLUS I can have "things" where I would prefer them. I want a much larger fridge-freezer for my travels, and the Fisher Paykel (2 door) 250 litre with a large freezer as recommended on this Forum is twice as high as the benches, sink, and the stove and will be better for this "Old Fart" when I am on the road. Having the fridge at the rear of the van against the shower cubicle with the door opening towards the front will give me better access without crawling around on the floor.

The existing Sprinter fridge ( Italian VITRIFRIGO C-130-L, 12/24 volt compressor) is under the sink cupboard just inside to the Right hand side of the sliding door and it is down on the floor. When I open the door to get something from the fridge, the door blocks the walkway and with it being so low I have to kneel down on the floor to get things from the lower shelf. There is only a small internal freezer and a 2 litre ice cream tub will not fit in.

With the Sprinter, the shower and toilet is hard up against the drivers seat backrest, so it's just like flying Virgin with only one click seat adjustment for comfort. The shower/toilet is the first thing you see when you open the sliding door, and virtually everything else is "down the back" and feels cramped.
The Iveco is just sitting in the yard and is not used as a Courier Vehicle any more since Jeff now has the 2006 models for the Courier business.

Keith.

Keith Morris

Re: "tanks"

Post by Keith Morris »

Yes, the car is a Silver Spur. It has now done 54,000 miles, I only use it for Social trips. I use the Jaguar XJ-R for shopping trips and to collect the mail.
I would think it more likely to tow the Sprinter behind the Spur and enjoy the comfort of the 6 way electric seat adjustment.
At just over 3 ton weight for the Spur I don't think the Sprinter would get up the hills.
Keith.

/

Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Sprinter Vitrifrigo Fridge.JPG
this is a pic of the Sprinter VITRIFRIGO --you can see what I mean when I say I have to get down on my knees and also when the fridge door is open it blocks the walkway .
Keith.
WOW another pic posted.
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?? I KEEP GETTING MULTIPLE IMAGES OF THE SAME PIC. ---HELP WANTED AGAIN.

Fixed it for ya :)
T1 Terry
Last edited by Keith Morris on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.