Wanted Nice free camps around Mandurah Pinjarra WA 4 big rig

One question at a time please & once the person asking the question is happy with the answer they'll say "next question please" & anyone can chime in with the next question. (fun, fun, fun!)
weezanickinoff

Wanted Nice free camps around Mandurah Pinjarra WA 4 big rig

Post by weezanickinoff »

I know ............look in Camps!!! but humour me............. Just want recommendations from people who have been and liked certain Free Camps suitable for a big rig. We have to hang around 500 - 600km radius of Wangon Hills WA til end of March, so any advise much appreciated. Better than staying in a driveway, 2 weeks is enough!! :roll: Oh cool being a huge advantage :lol: No Facilities needed. Just shade, cool, ocean, river, creek, bucket of water!......bloody puddle to sit in!!!! would be "loverly" Sorry the heat is making me ramble :roll:

Thanks heaps in advance :?:
Cheers :lol: :lol:
Ash & Wendy
They'll forget what you said, they'll forget what you did,
But they'll always remember how you made them feel

http://www.youtube.com/user/wendyf99?feature=mhee
http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog/ash-wendyfrank/1
Peter

Re: Wanted Nice free camps around Mandurah Pinjarra WA 4 big

Post by Peter »

About 3 years ago we overnighted at the Frank Lupino Memorial Park CAW Ed 6 site 260. No facilities it is really difficult to find entrance which is on LHS of highway when travelling North from Pinjarra. We arrived late in the afternoon and left first thing in the morning. It served its purpose.

I don't know if you are staying in the Perth area we stayed at a caravan park Freemantle Village on two occasions and found it very convenient. A bus stop at the front door and a 5 minute walk to the beach and to the
free freemantle bus service that runs every 10 minutes. We found the public transport system in Perth area very good compared to Brisbane. Have a look on Google Earth. Address is 25 Cockburn Rd , South Freemantle.

We also found a great chiropracter just over near the beach from the caravan park two brothers in the practice they examine you one day and put a poultice on over night and the next morning give you a treatment using a tennis ball very gentle treatment don't get neck or limbs yanked and worked great for about 6 months. We visited them one each visit and would go again
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Have you considered the GOOMALLING C/park at $10 per night, special rate for Pensioners and CM*A Members.
The swimming pool is right next door--
it is very popular with the CM*A members who have regular trips there for weekend events. It is not very far from Wongan Hills.
The Southwest Wanderers will be there 1st-4th March, and the Western Willie Wagtails are going there 7th-11th March, and Perth Wanderers will be there 14th-16thJune.
It is a friendly town.
NOT FREE CAMPING but has a lot going for it.
Have a look at http://www.kokebyroadhouse.net76.net
Admin: try http://www.kokebycrossroads.net76.net/
This is a working cattle property between Beverley and Brookton . The PERTH FORUMITES have had several return visits and speak well of the place and owners.
The website gives good pics of the area and is worth a look. Contact is Trevor--mobile 0418 610 970. I think it is $ 3.00 a night and power is available.
Last edited by BruceS on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected website address

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

A nice place visited by some here is Herron Point, just south of Mandurah on the highway, big enough for big rigs and next to water ( crabs are running and I've been told sweet as !).
Not sure if there is a charge for staying there at the moment as it varies according to season.

There is also Ravenswood CP, next to the pub and on the river just upstream from us.
Very popular and nice atmosphere, a big open ( mainly ) CP.
There are 2 more CP's in South Yunderup but I'm not sure if they can accommodate big rigs.

These are the only 2 I can think of that are right on the water in Mandurah,,

Wait .......there is a CP in Pinjarra ( Dwellingup Rd ) that was recommended to us some time ago, still on the river but as I haven't been there I'm not too sure about Big Rigs etc.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Keiths' Link should read
http://www.kokebycrossroads.net76.net/

The property is about three hours away from Mandurah though. But if you are up that way give Trever a call. We've visited a few times and it is a good stop.

The only free camp I can think of is at Pinjarra (about 20 km's from Mandurah). It has a dump point and is right across the road from the pub where the meals have been pretty good in the past.

Craig
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

Craig wrote:Keiths' Link should read
http://www.kokebycrossroads.net76.net/
The property is about three hours away from Mandurah though. But if you are up that way give Trever a call. We've visited a few times and it is a good stop.
Craig
Trevor is away at the moment, in Victoria, so property not available for a couple of weeks. Any other time he'll make you welcome.
Jon
dapope

Post by dapope »

The park mentioned by Peter is still there, you may have to back in though. Unfortunately we are no longer living on our acre of paradise, you could have stopped there. Wongan Hills itself has I believe, some free camping area set aside, and if you consult camps5 or 6 theres quite a few that are within 100km so there will be plenty of choice :)
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I think they are looking for somewhere over by the coast to wait out the month or two before they need to go back to Wongan Hills.
In Google maps there are 2 pretty big lakes/resevoirs not far from Wogan but I seem to remember something about a visit to Perth for an awning fitting?
Be careful swimming in those Perth beaches......... a few Big White pointers around & I'm not referring to men's genitalia!! (sp?)
You could maybe contact a secretary of a chapter or 2 over that way?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

weezanickinoff

Post by weezanickinoff »

Thanks Boss.....you're spooky!! Yep you are so right, we are not only waiting for the awning to arrive and attached hopefully this week in Perth, but we have to be back to take "mum" to appointments 1st and 18th March so we want to head to cooler breezes and see a bit inbetween. By the sounds of it WA doesn't have a whole lot of "free camps" :o :cry: Although we've come across heaps coming to here........so hopefully there are some who free camp to advise of their experiences.
You alllll are wonderful, thank you for getting back to us so quickly.....very much appreciated.
Cheers
Ash & Wendy
They'll forget what you said, they'll forget what you did,
But they'll always remember how you made them feel

http://www.youtube.com/user/wendyf99?feature=mhee
http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog/ash-wendyfrank/1
Dot

Post by Dot »

Neat place hey Wendy/ Ash? How are the girls doing? (No boys not those)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.