Wilbor

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Wilbor

Post by T1 Terry »

They won't let me get away with that arrangement Rob, I was going to cut steps into the locker door like the steps in the emergency exit on passenger busses, it it appears that is even outlawed now, more clarification of the latest rules is required me things. the original plan was the steps in the locker door and the main entry steps to slide out of the locker pushing the door open, to become part of the step support, then the steps to near ground level would slide out from that parallel to the bus body facing forward. The stairs are too long to face straight out, it would block the footpath in a country town :lol: That may still be an issue anyway, the top of thew door is 3.5mtrs above the ground, it will hit the bull nose verandahs in front of shops and pubs in most country towns, but parking an 11mtr bus towing a Kombi would probably take up most of the main street anyway :lol: so I guess we will be doing a fair bit of walking back into town when we hit the road :roll:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

What a neat set up for those steps.. Where did you get your quilt cover from please Rob?? :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

What about a spiral step pole that swings out?? (a firemans pole with steps on it)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

Dot wrote:What a neat set up for those steps.. Where did you get your quilt cover from please Rob?? :D
Hi Dot, bright isn’t it. My wife is a linen consultant, would you like her to send you a catalogue :?:
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

T1 Terry wrote:They won't let me get away with that arrangement Rob, I was going to cut steps into the locker door like the steps in the emergency exit on passenger busses, it it appears that is even outlawed now, more clarification of the latest rules is required me things. the original plan was the steps in the locker door and the main entry steps to slide out of the locker pushing the door open, to become part of the step support, then the steps to near ground level would slide out from that parallel to the bus body facing forward. The stairs are too long to face straight out, it would block the footpath in a country town :lol: That may still be an issue anyway, the top of thew door is 3.5mtrs above the ground, it will hit the bull nose verandahs in front of shops and pubs in most country towns, but parking an 11mtr bus towing a Kombi would probably take up most of the main street anyway :lol: so I guess we will be doing a fair bit of walking back into town when we hit the road :roll:
Terry, one little problem we have is if the ground is higher than the roadway, such as a footpath, then the slide in hand rail won’t slide in, it hits the side of the truck due to the angle of the steps. Not a major problem but we have had the step at some funny angles. How were you going to address uneven ground with the 2-way steps you described?
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Wilbor wrote:
Dot wrote:What a neat set up for those steps.. Where did you get your quilt cover from please Rob?? :D
Hi Dot, bright isn’t it. My wife is a linen consultant, would you like her to send you a catalogue :?:
Yes please Rob.. My friends daughter was the rep for Manchester warehouse or something but not any more :( :( Shall pm my address, don't want the xxxx people to find me :lol:
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Wilbor wrote: Terry, one little problem we have is if the ground is higher than the roadway, such as a footpath, then the slide in hand rail won’t slide in, it hits the side of the truck due to the angle of the steps. Not a major problem but we have had the step at some funny angles. How were you going to address uneven ground with the 2-way steps you described?
The steps would not reach the ground, basically high gutter height with either a fold down last step or portable step when on ground that dropped away forward needing the front wheels to be chocked.
The idea of the steps running parallel was also to reduce the leverage against the bus body, at full out stretch standing on the bottom step if it was all supported by the bus body resulted in leaning the bus to the left, when you stepped off, it bounced back up again, either sendig you sprawling on the ground or a good graze up the back of the leg, not what was desired.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

Talking about steps, have a go at this beast. 7 steps, I think Chris would get a nose bleed :lol:

Not too sure about the departure angle though, I thought mine was a bit sus, this makes mine look like a Landcruiser :lol: :lol:

more here http://alutechwatercraft.myob.net/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Why steps?? can't you have a ramp set up?? or a draw bridge type set up?? :D :D
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hey Dot do you mean like the back of a horse float?
:D :lol:
I could just imagine T1 leading Margaret down with a bridle still attached!!!
Wouldn't that open some eyes!!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA