Camps Australia wide Bible I mean book!!!

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
weezanickinoff

Camps Australia wide Bible I mean book!!!

Post by weezanickinoff »

Just wanted to copy a note from Camps Australia' Cathryn & Philip, our Bible and go to book ......seems there's a rumour zooming around Oz?

It seems that the "Camps has been sold to Big 4" rumour is still going strong, we have been approached many times by travellers re this.

IT IS NOT TRUE! - we haven't sold the our business to anyone & Camps7 is not the last one ever! Our Camps 8th Edition will be available mid Feb 2015 , so please fell free to tell all your fellow travellers we still own and run the business, and the Happy Hour tale is just that.

Safe travels

Cathryn and Philip

Cheers
Ash & Wendy
They'll forget what you said, they'll forget what you did,
But they'll always remember how you made them feel

http://www.youtube.com/user/wendyf99?feature=mhee
http://www.travelark.org/travel-blog/ash-wendyfrank/1
BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Camps Australia wide Bible I mean book!!!

Post by BruceS »

A lot of people (like me) don't have this "Camps" book so every time someone tells us they are in camp65 on page 99 it means nothing.
I just move to the next thread.
Give me the co=ords & I can look it up any time!!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Buy yourself a Camps book, they often come on special especially when a new edition appears, you certainly get your monies worth, a couple of FREE camp & you have saved the money spent.
Shirley & Bruce.
generdawg

Post by generdawg »

BruceS wrote:Give me the co=ords & I can look it up any time!!
You don't even need that Bruce. Just sit on the outskirts of any town with an attraction worthy of abuse and follow the whizbangs or backpackers* in to all the best spots. The foreigners know them all. :(

dawg in A'van

* backpackers are easy to recognise; four kids in a WA or Vic plated vehicle with gear crowding the rear window and/or on the roof. Trouble is, they wait till dusk to whiz into the pay parks and leave early, so setting up in the dark may be inconvenient for you. :lol: We had one lot of three guys and a girl wheel in with head lights on at 12:11 one night, find a spot near us in a huge area and then take an hour to set up four tents using their very bright LED head torches. Arrrggh.
Experience is a wonderful thing. It helps you recognise a mistake when repeated.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Yes Brad, that's perhaps why I don't want a 'camps' book. I'm a bit of a loner & most times don't enjoy chin wagging as much as I probably should.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Besides Bruce it doesn't show mooring places.

PeterH
PeterH
Dot

Post by Dot »

We won't be getting another Camps book, too many cock ups seen on this trip, we like our gravel pits.. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

BruceS wrote:Yes Brad, that's perhaps why I don't want a 'camps' book. I'm a bit of a loner & most times don't enjoy chin wagging as much as I probably should.
You fibber Bruce, you love to natter and natter cus yous a nutter of a nutter. Hop in that MH of yours and get over here (without those rag rats though) :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dapope

Post by dapope »

Dot wrote:We won't be getting another Camps book, too many cock ups seen on this trip, we like our gravel pits.. :lol:
Well, given your one is about 3 years old, what do you expect?!
We also have camps 6, and will probably buy camps 8 next year.
I threw out camps 3 recently, was a much thinner book
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
homeless

Post by homeless »

I find that the wikicamps is far better and for $2.99 is great value.
You can have it on a tablet and it will show you what is in front (you can select a tangent to show you what is ahead and can select what you want to see , re no CP's and sites for large rigs with water and DP or what ever and that's what you see and it is live.
You can download the data when required and operate off line or you can run online if you have coverage.
It is up to date from the last time you uploaded or to the minute if you are online. There are many comments for a site if it is a good one as well as photos so I feel much better than Camps at a fraction of the cost and more up to date.
But then you have to be smart enough to operate a smart phone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: or have someone with you that can. :(
Regards
Brian
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status

Return to “News Articles of Interest”