Our Journey of a different type for 2015

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Our Journey of a different type for 2015

Post by Dot »

Head across the top Helen and cut them off :) :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

BruceS wrote:Good to have put names to faces and was wonderful to have spent time with yoose.
Safe travels and please send Ray some pictures of the wild flowers just to rub it in!!!
(Sorry about the TV antenna April Fool's joke!!! .... Gotchyu!!)
:( :cry: :( :cry: :( :cry:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

D..
Day 11. The past couple of days have seen us not travel very far, a very long trip of 14km's today lol. After leaving Kooma View Farmhouse SA. we travelled up the road a little to Kyncutta to check out their famous Jelly Slice and I have to report it was YUM, there is a very large area out the back of the general store, so we decided to have a rest day and sit in the bush setting and enjoy an R&R day, but it was NOT to be the bl...dy March Flys found us again. We did however have a visit from the friends we visited in Wallroo SA so that was nice. Today was our long trip(14km) and we are camped at the showgrounds at Wudinna SA, they are just starting this camp up, signage going up on Monday, $10 unpowered and $15 powered, a dump point will be installed, and toilets available, hope it is a success for them. We unhooked here and did the loop of approx 25km and climbed a few rather large rocks, but once again our day was spoiled by those March flys, someone should tell them it is April lol. Just a few photos around Wudinna SA, Polda Rock, Mt Wudinna, and Pygery Rocks, all rocks had walls build around them to collect water, very interesting. No photos yet still trying to work it Bruce
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Dot

Post by Dot »

And Ros please tell the good people here what has been your latest purchase :) :)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Ros if you just send the photo to your own email address it should ask you if you'd like to reduce it's size. Once you get it back you can save the picture from the email to your "pictures" folder & then put it on the forum from there.
To start the process go you your BIG photo, right click on it & select "send to", select "email recipient", enter your email address & etc etc
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Dot wrote:And Ros please tell the good people here what has been your latest purchase :) :)
HaHa Dot, no everyone not an iron, I lost my hairdryer everyone or should I say I left it behind in Brinkworth SA. :o So I had to purchase a new one, can't go with a good hairdo. lol :roll:
Most people spend their healthy years trying to be wealthy, only to spend their wealthy years trying to be healthy....
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Ros,
Make sure to visit Pildappa Rock while you're in the region.
(SA's own mini-'Wave Rock')
There's a free campsite at the base of the rock.
Pildappa Rock, Gawler Range NP - 12 copy.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Ros20549

Post by Ros20549 »

Greynomad wrote:Ros,
Make sure to visit Pildappa Rock while you're in the region.
(SA's own mini-'Wave Rock')
There's a free campsite at the base of the rock.
Pildappa Rock, Gawler Range NP - 12 copy.jpg
Hi We spent a lovely night camped at the rock walked all over it loved it was going to spend two days out there but the March Fly's wanted to eat us alive

Ros
Dot

Post by Dot »

BruceS wrote:Ros if you just send the photo to your own email address it should ask you if you'd like to reduce it's size. Once you get it back you can save the picture from the email to your "pictures" folder & then put it on the forum from there.
To start the process go you your BIG photo, right click on it & select "send to", select "email recipient", enter your email address & etc etc

Ros, give Bruce's suggestion a go :)
Ros20549

Re: Our New Journey for 2017

Post by Ros20549 »

Some internet at last Yay...We are now up to Day 26. and at present we are in Esperance ( WA) for a couple of days to do the usual catch up with the household chores etc. After leaving Ceduna (SA) we travelled down to Fowlers Bay(SA) for a couple of days, Boss was lucky enough to catch a very nice fish, his first for the trip. From Fowlers we meet up with friends who had been chasing us for a few days and had a great couple of days in the bush past Yatala, enjoyed good campany, a campfire and a camp oven dinner and a few wines as you do. It was then time to get serious about the Nullarbor crossing, we took our time and checked out a few things that we have missed on other crossings. We had an interesting night on the cliffs just short of Boarder Village when a huge storm blew in, the van did a lot of rocking and rolling that night. The next day we watch another huge storm pass us by, we had a little rain and lots of side winds, not good for the fuel gauge.. We had a couple of other overnight stops, so many great camps to pick from and plenty that you can get well off the road. Our last one was Newman Rock, beside a manmade dam. Our last night before Esperance was just 30kms from Esperance at the Gibson Soak Hotel free camped in their paddock, must be fully self contained but they did not seem to inforce this very much. Had a cooks night off there the meals are expensive but huge. Still have not worked out how to resize the photos will keep working on it when I have a day to myself

Return to “Drop in & Chat”