Man escapes caravan blaze

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Kit Kat

Man escapes caravan blaze

Post by Kit Kat »

A MAN was lucky to escape injury when the caravan he was sleeping in burst into flames this morning at Crystal Brook, in the state's Mid North.

Country Fire Service crews were called to the town's caravan park on Brooke St about 5.20am and arrived to find a caravan engulfed in flames.

A man staying in the caravan escaped without injury after being woken by a smoke alarm.

It took about 15 minutes for firefighters to extinguish the blaze, which destroyed the caravan.

Source: Perth Now.com.au Read more here: http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/man-esc ... 6633594672
Dot

Re: Man escapes caravan blaze

Post by Dot »

So why do people insist on having any type of heater on when asleep?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Boblebago

Post by Boblebago »

The fire was in the caravan park in Brook St Stirling North, near Port Augusta.

The man from the caravan went to the toilet and on returning to his van turned on the fan heater which then caught alight.

The papers don't always get it right, I am staying next door at my property and was woken by some noise and I looked out the window and saw a the fire so I went to investigate and spoke with the other campers that also had their sleep disturbed.

Regards Geoff
Dot

Post by Dot »

Newspapers hey, bit like another publication that doesn't get things right, what are editors for??
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
John M

Post by John M »

Boblebago wrote:The fire was in the caravan park in Brook St Stirling North, near Port Augusta.

The man from the caravan went to the toilet and on returning to his van turned on the fan heater which then caught alight.

The papers don't always get it right, I am staying next door at my property and was woken by some noise and I looked out the window and saw a the fire so I went to investigate and spoke with the other campers that also had their sleep disturbed.

Regards Geoff
The papers don't have to get it right. Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story, truth never sold papers, they are more interested in peddling petty sensationalism and scaremongering, both of which sell papers!
"Recycled Teenagers", John, Shirley and Four legged person Beau, travelling in a 7m Isuzu bus towing a trailer. Enjoying the fellowship of the road

Return to “News Articles of Interest”